Sunday, May 3, 2015

70 Years

Nine years ago (today) I clipped this out of the paper. Strangers to me, yet it has hung on each refrigerator in every one of my homes for nine years. I look at it and smile. I read it and get lost in what this life, their life, has shared. 70 years of marriage. Boy, what a privilege to be a witness to a marriage like Mr.and Mrs. Johnson. These two are blessed in understanding this thing called marriage; and what it truly means. Marriage is not romance as society has us believe. The romance births and grows from commitment. Romance is staying true to your commitment of choosing your person through the beauty and ugly as you journey together. Hardship and the unexpected are a guarantee. Giving and receiving  security and found shelter is rare. This is what I think of every day I see this clipping. It makes me sigh and reflect. I smile and more times than not I have a little clarity. Assuming the announcement stays intact (through your young adult lives) I hold hope it will symbolize something unique to each of you.

May the vulnerability of love find you. May you hold it with grace. Respect the boundaries set forth. Give love back out as you want for yourself. Keep it in good health allowing growth. Above all else remember love works. Here is proof:


i

No comments:

Post a Comment